Monday, November 23, 2009

i am a pirate you are a princess

Aside from feeling the need to draw the cast in Pirate or Princess gear (because of the song I'm a Pirate, You're a Princess by PlayRadioPlay! and the title of this entry), this last weekend has been stressful. XD;

I got behind and it took me three days to finally catch up. Last night I managed to do so, however, and even got a tiny amount of buffer back. *w* I attribute most of that to the Interlude chapter (chapter eight), which was fun to draw. Well, it's always fun to take a break from the main cast and see what's going on elsewhere. Plus it let me introduce a lot of other characters which have been there the entire time, but just not known to Michael (so they wouldn't have appeared in the main plot until they, well, appeared). I love the dynamic the Owl and the Mockingbird have already.

I also think the Mockingbird is mute. I've never had a mute character before. It's just that he doesn't seem to talk. At all. Ever. (And the Bear starts her speaking with ellipses. That went on for awhile before I noticed.)

Michael will eventually meet a few of these characters, but otherwise, they might not be introduced or even mentioned to him. :> So Interlude was to see a bit of the flipside of the story. (I swear, I could write an entire novel just on the interactions of them all. I could rock a sequel.)

Last night, I also had a dream. I went back to France and relaxed and enjoyed it, and then when I woke up the next morning (in the dream), I asked my mother where my laptop was because I had to write. She told me I didn't have it, so I flipped out and demanded to go back to America for it, since I was behind and November was almost over. I wanted to leave France for NaNoWriMo. What the hell is wrong with me.

Also, I have all of the demons and their powers figured out. :'D Has anyone figured out that most demons really don't have just one power? (For example, the Rabbit has her speed as well as a "secondary" power, her sexuality/beauty.)

Here's a couple for reading this blog:
The Wolf & the Cat (they don't have just one overly powerful strength, unlike most others) = awesome hearing, smelling, boosted speed, stealth, fighting capabilities
The Owl = knowledge, wisdom, flight
The Mockingbird = copies others', flight
The Fox = transformation of outer appearance/invisibility, boosted cleverness
The Turtle = time, defensive capabilities
The Dolphin = telekinesis, breathes underwater, boosted intelligence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views