1. What is your full name? Do you have a nickname?
Tuesday Leonora Olson.
2. How old are you? When is your birthday?
I am nineteen years old, and my birthday is September 18th.
3. Where were you born? Where do you live now? Are you patriotic?
I was born in Arkansas, and I had been living with my parents while attending college in Pennsylvania. After the shipwreck, I guess I don't live there anymore... I would call myself patriotic, yes.
4. Who are/were your parents? (Names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
My mother was a librarian as long as I can remember. My father has had a couple jobs, and most recently he was working at a law firm. Their names were Thad and Anita Olson. Mom was, well, like a librarian--pretty quiet, loved books and reading, a bit strict with the rules. But she was very smart and could tell you anything about any book ever. Dad was quiet, too, but in a more serious way. He was very much a business man, though he couldn't help but grin when he played with our dog.
5. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
My parents wanted another, but they only had me. I don't know why not; I would have liked a little sister or brother...
6. What is your occupation?
I'm going to college, but I don't have a major yet. I'm not sure what I want to be. I kind of would like to write a storybook some time, but I don't have a story... Maybe I'll just be a librarian like my mother.
7. How tall are you? How much do you weigh?
5'5, 131 lbs.
8. What color is your hair? What color are your eyes?
I have dark brown hair (inherited from my father's side) and dark brown eyes (inherited from my mother's side).
9. What is your race?
10. To which social class do you belong?
Middle class. Maybe a little bit upper-middle class. We've always been pretty well off.
11. Do you consider yourself to be attractive? Do others?
I suppose I'm pretty, and I have a nice figure. My boyfriend thinks I'm beautiful, at least!
12. What is your style of dress?
I like skirts, just because they're more comfortable while still cute. Plus you don't have to wear them skin-tight like pants because that's 'in'. Long-sleeves, too, but I guess that's just a habit. I do like sweaters, though, and natural tones.
13. Do you have any scars? Tattoos? Birthmarks? Other unique physical features?
I have a scar from where I got my appendix out, a cut on my hand from when I was little and picked up a knife the wrong way, and a scar on my back when I had stitches. No tattoos, but I have a birthmark just above my right ankle. Not many people know that since I always wear socks or stockings, though!
14. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
I'm mildly allergic to cats and rabbits (but thankfully not dogs). I might be allergic to other furry animals... I'm not sure. No diseases, though--at least none that I'm aware of!
15. Are you right- or left-handed?
16. What does your voice sound like?
How would I describe that? People hear their own voice differently than others, because the facial bones in your face conduct sounds well... I learned that in my Psychology class. Um, kind of random, though. But I really don't know how to answer that question.
17. What kind of vocabulary do you use?
I have a pretty large vocabulary, since I'm always reading. I don't use large words all that often, but I do if I want to sound smart sometimes.
18. List three quirks or other defining characteristics.
I wear a lot of mascara, just because I like dark, thick lashes. I don't wear any other makeup, though, unless I'm going out for something formal... I play with my hair a lot. And touch my face. Oh, and when I'm writing for myself, I don't use capitals.
19. How often do you bathe? Do you wear perfumes?
Every evening I take a shower, usually early enough so I have time to dry my hair before I go to sleep. I don't wear perfumes, but I like to wear body spray. Usually sweet pea smelling; I like the earthy scent.
20. What kind of facial expression do you commonly wear (dour glare, wry smile, etc)?
A small smile. I only noticed because it appears in a lot of pictures taken of me.
21. Do you use body language? How?
I try to be open with my body language--I don't cross my arms in public, I don't have pockets to put my hands into, and try to keep eye contact as much as possible when talking to people.
22. Do you have a commonly used saying?
Probably, but if I do, I can't think of it.
23. What is your earliest memory?
My mother reading a bed time story to me. I think it was Where The Wild Things Are.
24. How much schooling have you had? Did you enjoy it?
I have my high school degree and am attending college. I enjoyed some of my classes, but not all. I don't like the sciences all that much.
25. Where did you learn most of your knowledge and skill?
Probably from a mixture of my parents, books, school, and random places.
26. How would you describe your childhood in general?
Happy and busy! We traveled a lot, be it to see family, see places, or just travel.
27. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
It varied from day to day, haha. A veterinarian, a librarian, an astronaut, a teacher, a mother, a doctor, the list goes on and on.
28. When and with whom was your first kiss?
It was in middle school, with Bobby Fitz.
29. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
I don't feel comfortable answering this question. Why does it matter?
30. Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? Does that affect you?
Nope! So it doesn't affect me in the least.
31. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
I think finally moving out and going to college, though the shipwreck certainly changed my life...
32. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Getting a 27 on my ACT test and getting into college with it.
33. What is your greatest regret?
Um... I have a lot.
34. What is the most embarrassing or shameful thing ever to happen to you?
My first period--enough said, really.
35. Do you have any secrets? If so, what are they?
I kept my boyfriend a secret for the first two months of our relationship. I've also kept it a secret from my parents that we're talking seriously about marriage. At least, we were...
36. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
...I don't feel comfortable answering this question, either...
37. When was the time you were the most frightened?
The ship sinking was pretty scary, and that first night on the island. I had no idea what to do in either of those circumstances.
38. Have you ever traveled outside of your country? If so, to where?
I went to Italy once on a school trip; it was very fun and I learned a lot. I've also been to Canada.
39. What is your alignment?
Sexual or religious? I'm straight, thank you very much, and I was raised a Catholic.
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
Optimistic, I'd think.
41. Do you believe in a god? If so, which one and why?
I believe in my God. He's the only one.
42. Do you believe in an afterlife?
Heaven, Purgatory and Hell, if those count.
43. What is your greatest fear?
Being alone when I die.
44. What makes you angry? Sad? Happy? Why?
People who are racist or sexist make me angry, or people who try to push their beliefs on you. Abandoned animals make me sad, and so do books with broken bindings or torn out pages. Things that make me happy... Hmm. There's a lot of those. Actually, there's a lot of all of these.
45. Do you think people are basically good or basically evil?
I'd like to believe good, but I know a couple that aren't...
46. What are your views on politics?
I'm registered as an Independent, so I can vote whatever way I want.
47. What are your views on gambling, lying, theft, and killing?
Gambling is alright in moderation and when done legally. Lying isn't good, though it's avoidable. Theft and killing are just wrong, though.
48. How far will you go to defend your beliefs?
I'm not sure; I've never been tested.
49. How much do you value money?
I value it a lot, living as a poor college student.
50. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
Take away someone's loved ones.
51. Do you believe in self-sacrifice for the greater good?
Yes, I do. I probably wouldn't have the courage to ever do that, but I can believe in that cause.
52. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
I'd like to.
53. Are you superstitious?
Only slightly. Not terribly.
54. How much do you respect the beliefs and opinions of others?
I try to respect them, but sometimes, they just rub me the wrong way...
55. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings?
I try to be as honest as possible with them.
56. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
Well, I don't think all of those Mexicans should be hopping the border and living here illegally...
DEALING WITH OTHERS
57. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
...I think it would be my mother. She's just been such a good role model for me and has taught me so much.
58. Who is the person you respect the most? Despise the most? Why?
I respect both of my parents equally, so I'm not sure. Despise is a very strong word, and I'm hesitant to apply it to anyone.
59. Do you have a significant other? Who? Why?
Yes, I do. My boyfriend, who has been with me for almost a year and a half now. His name is Chris(topher) Robbins, and what do you mean why? I liked him, he liked me, he asked me out, and we're together now.
60. Do you have a lot of friends? Who is your best friend?
I do have a lot of friends, and a couple best friends. I'm not sure who is the top of that list, so I'll just say Lexi, Sharron and Chris.
61. How do you relate to members of the same race? Class? Sex?
I'd like to believe I related to all people equally... though I'll admit I'm more comfortable around girls than boys.
62. How do you relate to members of a different race? Class? Sex?
Still the same, but sometimes it's awkward if we're unfamiliar with each other's cultures...
63. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
A couple times. I've been dumped once, dumped someone once, and had someone move away, but right now, I'm perfectly happy with my boyfriend.
64. What do you look for in a potential lover?
He has to be able to make me laugh, and he has to be at least a little smart. Of course, if he's cute, likes books, or has a dog, that's always a plus.
65. How close are you to your family?
Pretty close, but a little more distant since I left for college.
66. Do you want a marriage, family, and/or children?
I want all of the above! I want to be a mother, and have two children--a boy and a girl, in that order.
67. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
I'll argue if I know I'm right or if it's something I really believe in, but otherwise, I'm not that argumentative.
68. Are you a listener or a talker?
I can be both, depending on the situation. I get talkative sometimes, I know, but I can also listen.
69. How long does it usually take for you to trust others?
I'll trust most people to some degree. It takes awhile longer for me to trust them with important things, though.
70. Do you hold grudges?
I used to, but I've been working on that.
71. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
I will if need be. I'm okay with taking orders, too.
72. Do you like interacting with large groups of people?
In most instances, yes. I'm not very good at giving speeches, though, so not that.
73. How well do you express yourself?
I think I express myself well.
74. How quickly do you judge others?
I try not to judge. I know sometimes it's unavoidable, but those are mostly the knee-jerk responses you have to different sorts of people.
75. Do you care what others think of you?
I think all people do. It's how our society operates.
76. Do you have any enemies? How or why are they your enemy?
There was this girl in my Biology class senior year of high school, LeAnn Slaughter. We really didn't like each other, and got into two big arguments during the year.
PERSONAL TASTE AND OPINIONS
77. What is your favorite pastime? Color? Food? Possession?
I like reading, going for walks with our dog, and watching movies with Chris or my friends. My favorite color is indigo, since it's such an unloved character. My favorite food is asian stir-fry, with different things in it, but usually noodles, carrots, shrimp and baby corn. My favorite possession is the silver charm bracelet my boyfriend got me.
78. What are your preferences in arts and/or entertainment?
I like more classical art and motifs. Traditional. And I like the classics when it comes to paintings, or books, or movies.
79. Do you smoke, drink, go whoring, or use drugs? Why or why not?
I've tried smoking once and absolutely hated it. I've gotten drunk a couple times, but I'm not an alcoholic. I've never 'gone whoring' or used drugs, and I never will. I drink occasionally at parties, but as for the rest, they're just not for me.
80. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
Sometimes I party, sometimes I just curl up and read, sometimes I go out and do random things. It depends a lot on the weather and my mood.
81. What is your most cherished fantasy?
I'd like to write a book some time. I'll have to come up with an idea for one, but I'll get it some day. (That, or get married to Chris.)
82. How long is your attention span?
I'm very patient and can remained focused for a long time.
83. Do you laugh a lot? What do you find funny?
I'm more of a smiler than a laugher, but I find a lot of things funny. I like satire and dry humor when I read, I like the immature jokes all the guys tell in class, and I will giggle if someone messes up their words.
84. Is there anything that shocks or offends you? If so, what?
It shocks me all of the violence going on in the world, and how humans can do such things to each other. It also offends me when people abuse animals or children who can't defend themselves.
85. How do you deal with stress?
I will go off on my own and read a book, usually a non-stressful one. Or I'll take Mint for a long walk.
86. How much athletic ability do you have? Artistic?
I'm... not all that athletic, haha. I can kind of draw, like still life...
87. Do you like animals? Do you like children?
I like both of them very much.
88. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
I can be either, really.
89. Do you have a pet? If so, what is his/her name? Species? Fur color? Etc…
I have Mint, our dog. He's a mix. We got him at the shelter when I was little, so I'm not sure what he actually is. I think he's part Chow, though, since he's so fuzzy. He's light brown and has gorgeous dark brown eyes.
90. What is your greatest strength as a person? Weakness?
I'm very strong emotionally; I can hold up in a crisis and I'll be the one to help others through it. My weakness is that I can easily get caught up in the little things a lot and don't see the bigger picture.
91. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
That I could take care of people better. I want to be able to help.
92. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
A little bit of both, but probably more on the extroverted side.
93. Do you like yourself?
For the most part, yes. There are a couple things I don't like, though, but that's normal, isn't it?
94. Do you have a daily routine? How do you feel if your day is interrupted?
I wake up, go to classes, eat lunch with Sharron, go to the rest of my classes, and spend the rest of the night watching TV, studying, doing homework, or watching movies. If it's a pleasant interruption, then I'll be fine with it. If it's not, I'll probably be cranky.
95. What goal do you most want to accomplish in the next six months? Your lifetime?
In the next six months, I'd like to get through another semester of college with decent grades. Of course, that's assuming I survive... For my lifetime, I'd like to build a family.
96. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?
In five years, out of college and hopefully with a job. In ten years, married and with kids. In twenty years, more settled into life.
97. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
...Um... In my sleep. Peacefully. And when I'm old.
98. What is the one thing you would like to be remembered for after your death?
Being a good person, wife, mother.
99. What three words would you use to best describe your personality?
Caring, bright, intelligent.
100. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
Motherly, bookworm (or maybe intelligent?), and... Hmm, I don't know. I'd have to ask.
101. Why are you risking your life to adventure?
I was kind of forced into this. I'm not sure I'd like this even if I'd volunteered for it...