Thursday, May 06, 2010

why does my heart cry feelings i can't fight you're free to leave me but just don't deceive me

1. What is your full name? Do you have a nickname?
Nathan Loar. [I haven't gotten around to giving out middle names. Maybe their culture doesn't have them.]

2. How old are you? When is your birthday?
I'm almost twenty, and my birthday is January 26th, sir.

3. Where were you born? Where do you live now? Are you patriotic?
I was born and raised in Sovine, and naturally I still live there now. I am very patriotic; it's why I joined the military.

4. Who are/were your parents? (Names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
My father was an officer who was killed in the war when I was still young. He was always pretty strict, a very strong man. My mother is the softer side of the family, very warm and a bit of a worrier. Allen sort of reminds me of her sometimes. She usually stayed at home, but I think she's gotten a job since I left for training... I'm not sure... I haven't spoken to her in a long time...

5. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
I'm an only child. Although Allen is like a brother to me. I suppose Sonya would be a bit like a younger sister.

6. What is your occupation?
I'm (finally) a Tego.

7. How tall are you? How much do you weigh?
6'1, 169 pounds, sir.

8. What color is your hair? What color are your eyes?
O-Orange hair, and no, it's not dyed. Dark brown eyes.

9. What is your race?
I'm Sovinian and proud.

10. To which social class do you belong?
My mother and I were well off, since my father left us some money and military pay, but now that I've become a Tego, I'm slowly inching up there.

11. Do you consider yourself to be attractive? Do others?
...uh. I don't really give a damn how I look. But if Sonya is any indication, I'm something like a god in human form. *sigh*

12. What is your style of dress?
Military uniforms, school uniforms, does it matter? I rarely get to wear casual clothes anymore.

13. Do you have any scars? Tattoos? Birthmarks? Other unique physical features?
A couple scars from training exercises gone wrong (*cough*), but no tattoos - those are technically illegal for military personnel. Nothing really on my body. I'm boring like that. :/

14. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
As a child, I was allergic to pollen, but I've since grown out of that. Physical weaknesses? Are you kidding me? They dragged such things out of me in training.

15. Are you right- or left-handed?
Right-handed, though I can use a gun with both.

16. What does your voice sound like?
...uh? How am I supposed to judge that?

17. What kind of vocabulary do you use?
Military? I'm not sure how to judge this one either.

18. List three quirks or other defining characteristics.
I smoke. (Get the hell over it, Allen.) My favorite food is pickles, I can safely sleep with a gun under my pillow, and, uh... [word of god: he can hold his liquor, but he can't hold his libido in such instances ;D he doesn't know this, though]

19. How often do you bathe? Do you wear perfumes?
I shower daily on downtime, but missions don't give me that luxury. And no, I'm male. :|

20. What kind of facial expression do you commonly wear (dour glare, wry smile, etc)?
A flat or uninterested stare. Or glare. I'm not sure which.

21. Do you use body language? How?
Actually, not very much. Military training has severely stunted my body language; too much standing at attention and tension. Even now, I subconsciously do it...

22. Do you have a commonly used saying?
Probably something along the lines of "No, Sonya".

CHILDHOOD

23. What is your earliest memory?
Some holiday, and I was being carried by my father. He then tossed me in the air and I distinctly recall having a blast... I didn't say it was an exciting memory.

24. How much schooling have you had? Did you enjoy it?
Regular schooling and then completed Tego schooling. I thoroughly enjoyed it, though it was hell at the time.

25. Where did you learn most of your knowledge and skill?
Tego training. -_-

26. How would you describe your childhood in general?
Subdued.

27. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A soldier like my father, until he died in action and my mother forbade it. Then I decided to become a Tego.

28. When and with whom was your first kiss?
Err... I'm not sure I feel comfortable with this one. [He was dared by one of the older trainees in his class to kiss Maria Delgado, haha. He ended up chickening out and kissing Sara Grace instead.]

29. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
No I'm not and I'm leaving it at that. [with his girlfriend-at-the-time, a non-tego-trainee when he was sixteen ohoho]

30. Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? Does that affect you?
No one that I know of, sir. So I guess it really doesn't affect me then, does it?

INFLUENCES

31. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
Graduating from Tego training.

32. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Graduating at the (almost) top of the class.

33. What is your greatest regret?
...almost top of the class.

34. What is the most embarrassing or shameful thing ever to happen to you?
Finding out Sara beat me goddamn it. I was slipping those last few months because I was helping Allen scrape a passing grade, but still. Goddamn. ><

35. Do you have any secrets? If so, what are they?
Everyone keeps secrets. And I'm keeping mine.

36. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
This one time on the third-year-outing, Gallagher, Bethaway, Kaya, Wright, Allen and I decided to go swimming. When we knew the girls were out. So we basically crashed their bath. I don't think they ever forgave us for it, but hey, at least they had the paranoia to wear their underwear. (we did steal their shirts afterward when they chased us off, though)

37. When was the time you were the most frightened?
During our first training exercise in the badlands. I was young, I was weaponless, and there were people chasing me. It was a natural reaction. >>

38. Have you ever traveled outside of your country? If so, to where?
I've been to Bauk a couple times, and out to the badlands numerous times on missions. Past that, no. [later in the story, he'll travel more]

BELIEFS

39. What is your alignment?
Eh, I'm more or less an atheist.

40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
I'm toeing the line between the two, but probably a little more optimistic with a cynical coating.

41. Do you believe in a god? If so, which one and why?
Didn't I just say I was an atheist?

42. Do you believe in an afterlife?
Not really, no. You die and that's the end.

43. What is your greatest fear?
Lately, losing Sonya or another close friend.

44. What makes you angry? Sad? Happy? Why?
Sara, running out of cigarettes, and a run of bad luck all make me angry. Death and helplessness make me sad (and frustrated). I guess a lot of things make me happy. Spending time with friends, being over with training, eating pickles... Drinking. Drinking also makes me happy. :|

45. Do you think people are basically good or basically evil?
No. But I believe those Paronese bastards are basically evil. :/

46. What are your views on politics?
I don't have a lot. I follow the leader of the country, and that's it.

47. What are your views on gambling, lying, theft, and killing?
Hey, gambling's fun so long as it doesn't become an addiction. Lying is obviously morally wrong but white lies aren't so bad, and if they're to protect someone, then I can understand them. Theft is also morally (and legally) wrong, but in extreme cases, maybe it's okay...? And killing... An order's an order. Death is necessary to save lives.

48. How far will you go to defend your beliefs?
Far.

49. How much do you value money?
Not a lot. I've never been wanting, and hey, Tego pay is pretty damn fine.

50. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
Kill mercilessly, or kill an innocent.

51. Do you believe in self-sacrifice for the greater good?
...Very much so, I guess. It's what I'm doing, anyway.

52. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
*shrug* I've never given much thought to it. Sure, why not.

53. Are you superstitious?
Not at all.

54. How much do you respect the beliefs and opinions of others?
It depends on whether or not they're an idiot about it. Or Paronese. Or Sara.

55. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings?
Eh, I guess pretty honest. Though I'm honest if people ask. I'm not going to spill my heart to anyone.

56. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
...Paronese bastards... Also Sara Grace Kellner is a rank-stealing bitch.

DEALING WITH OTHERS

57. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
I feel as if I should answer Sonya on principle...

58. Who is the person you respect the most? Despise the most? Why?
I respect my father, from what I remember of him, and the leader of our country. I also have a great deal of respect for Allen. I probably despise the vague Paronese people we're fighting against. Also, Sara. Rank-stealing bitch.

59. Do you have a significant other? Who? Why?
No I don't. Though Sonya would probably tell you otherwise. *sigh*

60. Do you have a lot of friends? Who is your best friend?
I get along with most of my graduating class, and I guess most of them are my friends. Allen is my best friend, though.

61. How do you relate to members of the same race? Class? Sex?
Sovinian is fine. Same class is fine. Same sex is fine.

62. How do you relate to members of a different race? Class? Sex?
Er, it depends. Lannish people are fuckin' weird (read: only experience is with Maria & Emil), the few Bauks I've met are sorta mean, and anyone we're at war with are mighty bastards. Different classes I'm cool with though. It's really not an issue. Different sex is fine, too. Girls aren't all bad.

63. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
I don't think so. At least, I've never felt that sappy spark that most other people cite when speaking of love.

64. What do you look for in a potential lover?
Tits. *shrug* What can I say; they're awesome. She also has to have a pretty face without makeup, and pretty eyes.

65. How close are you to your family?
Dad's dead, and I haven't spoken much to my mother since I entered into training... I could be closer.

66. Do you want a marriage, family, and/or children?
Um, I guess. In the far future. Far future. And if I get married, then I want a son. Maybe a daughter too, but definitely a son.

67. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
I'll argue a bit, but usually it's just not worth the hassle.

68. Are you a listener or a talker?
A listener usually. It helps that Sonya's such a talker.

69. How long does it usually take for you to trust others?
A long while, but when it comes to a mission, I don't have much of a choice, do I? I'm trusting these people with my life...

70. Do you hold grudges?
*glares at Sara Grace*

71. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
Yes. I outrank (most of) them in most cases, and I'm a bit of a leader, I guess. [actually, he's instantly a follower if anyone outranks him]

72. Do you like interacting with large groups of people?
I'm not comfortable, but I can handle it. I do like it if I like the people.

73. How well do you express yourself?
Sometimes... Sometimes I wish I could be better at it.

74. How quickly do you judge others?
I don't judge. I usually don't care enough to.

75. Do you care what others think of you?
Usually not. The ones who I do care already know me.

76. Do you have any enemies? How or why are they your enemy?
Saraaaaaa >I She usurped my rightful place at the top of the class. She also repeatedly chose me for our training exercises.

PERSONAL TASTE AND OPINIONS

77. What is your favorite pastime? Color? Food? Possession?
Napping is a fun pastime; I missed it during training. I guess I like the color blue, that one shade that's sort of grayish. Or midnight blue. I like pickles, and my favorite possession is my .45.

78. What are your preferences in arts and/or entertainment?
Uh?

79. Do you smoke, drink, go whoring, or use drugs? Why or why not?
I smoke regularly. I drink occasionally. I've only "gone whoring" twice, and I don't plan on making that a habit, either. I've never done drugs and never plan on it. This is just how I roll. [he enjoys smoking and drinking, but had bad experiences with a practical joke played on him during a "whoring" excursion, and drugs just never appealed to him]

80. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
Usually it was spent at the firing range or if I was free, drinking with my buddies. Nowadays, Sonya tires me out so I'm in bed pretty early.

81. What is your most cherished fantasy?
Er... *blush*

82. How long is your attention span?
Long. I'm not Sonya. :/

83. Do you laugh a lot? What do you find funny?
I... guess I could laugh more... I find a lot of things funny. I guess...

84. Is there anything that shocks or offends you? If so, what?
Surprises shock me. :/ Sara offends me.

85. How do you deal with stress?
Smoking and napping and drinking. In order of preference.

86. How much athletic ability do you have? Artistic?
I'm damn athletic. ...Not so much artistic though.

87. Do you like animals? Do you like children?
Animals are fine, I guess. Young children make me uncomfortable. Sonya has done nothing to cure me of this.

88. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
Plans are preferable.

89. Do you have a pet? If so, what is his/her name? Species? Fur color? Etc…
Does Sonya count? No? Then how about all of those damn lizards she keeps bringing me? I ought to get a snake just to scare her...

SELF-IMAGE

90. What is your greatest strength as a person? Weakness?
I'm physically strong and can keep a cool head under pressure. My weakness would be, er, probably the fact that I follow orders to a fault.

91. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Number one rank! D<

92. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
Introverted.

93. Do you like yourself?
On the whole, yes.

94. Do you have a daily routine? How do you feel if your day is interrupted?
Wake up, smoke, brush my teeth to get rid of the smoke smell, wake up Sonya, take a shower, go wake up Sonya again, eat breakfast, get dragged out to do whatever she wants to do. It's oddly similar when I'm out on a mission...

95. What goal do you most want to accomplish in the next six months? Your lifetime?
Next six months: survive. Lifetime: ...survive. I'm not sure.

96. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?
In five and ten years, still active duty. Maybe in the next twenty years, I'm not sure. I... don't actually have a lot of my life planned out...

97. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
I have this romantic sort of notion of dying on the battlefield, but of old age sounds better and better these days...

98. What is the one thing you would like to be remembered for after your death?
Being a damn fine Tego.

99. What three words would you use to best describe your personality?
Indifferent, loyal, strong.

100. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
...It depends very heavily on who you ask.

101. Why are you risking your life to adventure?
Because I joined the military. That's how it works. I want to serve my country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views