Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never Cross The Writing/Fan Streams

snohshine 11:20 pm
    Okay...
    I'm working on The Ram! It makes me happy to write Tuesday.


 snohshine 11:20 pm
    Though she's rebelling against me with everything she has. She knows what's coming next.


 WillyW2010 11:21 pm
    LA LA LA LA LA


 snohshine 11:21 pm
    What?


 WillyW2010 11:23 pm
    dont want to hear


 snohshine 11:24 pm
    I wasn't going to tell you.
    Although apparently, Claire taught one of her dogs to pee on Stephen.
    Claire = Stephen's girlfriend.
    I like her already.


 WillyW2010 11:24 pm
    You're mind is scary.


 snohshine 11:25 pm
    *your


 WillyW2010 11:25 pm
    YOUR MIND IS SCARY!


 snohshine 11:25 pm
    8D
    Dog pee = scary?


 WillyW2010 11:26 pm
    No, how your characters have lives in your head.


 snohshine 11:27 pm
    Oh.
    That's normal for a writer, really.


 WillyW2010 11:27 pm
    I assumed such.


 snohshine 11:30 pm
    I am awesome in the fact that I have a mental map of Tuesday's apartment, though. Usually I don't do that for buildings.


 WillyW2010 11:32 pm
    I'll get you help.


 snohshine 11:34 pm
    I just imagined the Hamtaro themesong with 'persona' substituted. It fits.
    IT'S PERSONA TIME!
    PER SON A
    WHEN WE WORK TOGETHER IT'S MUCH BETTER
    MY BEST FRIEND
    ...Now you may get me help.

This is why you don't mesh 'writer' mode and 'fan' mode, kiddies. It's painful to watch. While entertaining at the time, it's liable to leak over into both sides, and then it just gets into a mess of references and characters. (snohshine is me, obviously, and willyw2010 is a friend of mine who has read The Rook).

Working on The Ram, Pedestal's epilogue, and finished the second chapter of RMWJ. I've been slightly productive lately, just spread thin over a range of things. Which is fine, but I usually don't recommend it. Especially if you are working with deadlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views