Friday, October 28, 2011

What Time Is It? NaNo Time!

Hey guys! I updated the site. In shades of red! JUST IN TIME FOR NANOWRIMO. (y'know, 'cause it's like blood and what better way to get a boosted wordcount than by killing characters)

You may also notice that I reworked the page layouts. All of the stories still have their own pages! They're just not on that top bar anymore. Otherwise, I would rapidly run out of room up there, and this way, people can easily ignore my fanfiction or original works (why would you do that) and pick and choose. No more luring in with fancy or intriguing titles.

So guys, who's excited for NaNoWriMo? I'm chillin' right over here and I'm using the month to finish The Ram and start on The Owl. Fun times! Right now, though, I'm struggling just to get one last chapter of RMWJ done before november, especially since I missed last week's update. Sigh. I'd also love to get a chapter of The Ram done before november, just so I can start a new document (I'm neurotic when it comes to such things) with the new chapter and wouldn't have to count like, half the words. Because that would just be silly. Good news is that it'll be a longer chapter, and we'll get past two very important plot points. Bad news is that Tuesday is misbehaving again. She knows what awaits her. Sigh again.

Though for all the uninformed, it's a good thing when your characters misbehave, trust me. It means they have enough life to know what they want, and those are the types of characters that are generally believable and not necessarily liked, but respected.

I'm not sure how much I'll really post during november, but if I do, it'll likely be little progress things. Nothing special. Come december/the new year, however, I'd like to start posting here more often again! And I'd like to do some actual, you know, blog posts. Not all just narcissistic stuff about me. I've been writing for a good many years now, despite my age, so I know a thing or two. Also, I'm getting a unique sort of degree and education that's quite suited for story writing! So I can offer some different perspectives. I know for sure I'd like to write up a couple posts on gender, main characters, tragic backstory, and psychological themes. Oh, and on worldbuilding and languages! Because I have made mistakes there, that's for sure. Learn from mine, young skittens, and do not repeat them.

So I'll see you guys whenever! Have a fun nanowrimo, all! ;3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Views